Re: [TenTec] Orion II CAT Problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II CAT Problem
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 07:30:17 -0600
Some haves asked, what radios?

588  Omni VII version 1.035a {running beta test for Tentec}
599  Eagle  version 1.825
539  Argonaut VI  version 144 {running beta test for Tentec}

These do work well via either the RS-232 port or the USB port. The old desktop computer has a RS-232 port running under Windows XP (sp3). Applications are HRD / DM780 and FLDIGI and MixW3, current versions.

It does seem that some of the applications may not "release" certain parameters when they close thus preventing communications when initiated for a different radio. In all cases, either a reload of the application or running the Demo-O-Matic in the case of HRD, I've found does correct the problem. I've generally found that closing the application before turning the radio off seems to prevent certain issues at a later date.

I've also tried the above using a laptop running Windows Vista with the same results.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>