[TenTec] Paragon 586 Clock Problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon 586 Clock Problem
From: Chuck <ka6uup@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 03:06:34 -0800
I have a Paragon 2 (586)

A few days ago, when starting my Paragon, I noticed the clock was
wrong. I reset it and when I restarted it
again the next day it was again wrong.
I have watched it carefully and determined it doesn't continue keeping
time during shutdown.
When I restart the radio, the clock shows the time I shut it down. In other
words it remembers the time at shutdown,
but doesn't continue running during shutdown.

It remembers the clock settings at turn-off.

And when I restart the radio it displays the shutdown time

I have checked items stored in memory and they are still
there so I don't think my problem is with the backup battery.
I tried the reset procedure, ( hold down enter while powering up) but
that didn't help.
The clock just does not continue running while the radio power is off.
It does this even though I leave the power supply on and just turn the radio off
Thanks,

Chuck KA6UUP