Re: [TenTec] Still Looking for a Ten-Tec Amp

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Still Looking for a Ten-Tec Amp
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 01:39:49 -0500
Well... that all seems sorta parochial, I guess.   If there is no
technical reason the gray faced amps are bad or worse than
the other color amps, ... why diss the guy on what he wants?

If there was a performance difference, with gray faced amps
being lousy or poor performers, compared to black faced amps...
well, then I could see you making negative comments.   But if
it is all the same performance, why would you go so far out
of your way to make a negative comment?

In my practice, I used to tell clients - "We don't do it, if it
does not make you any money."   So, why do you care if
he wants a gray one, if it does not matter performance wise?

OR ... am I misunderstanding what you said ... IS there a
performance reason to avoid those with gray faces?  If not,
it seems just so much gratuitous criticism.

I remember how nice Gary H's station looked when he had
all matching equipment.  Guess I can see why the guy
wanted a look-alike station.  OR... again... did I miss the
whole deal and need to serve crow for dinner tonight?

Happy days, and Happy Holidays, y'all.