[TenTec] Corsair II Mixer Balance Adjustment

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II Mixer Balance Adjustment
From: K4MT <k4mt@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 10:35:45 -0800 (PST)
I am finishing the work on my Corsair II and I decided to do the mixer balance
adjustment.
The manual says to null the tone at 21,320 but I have no tone there. I adjusted
the alignment points for mixer balance thinking it might be already nulled but
the null seemed to good to be true. Adjusting the null capacitor and pot
produce no tone at all. I hear a tone at 21315 (yes, my dial is calibrated
properly). I can null that tone but it kills the receive in that entire portion
of 15 meters from around 21250 to 21400.  Surely that is not the correct one.
Is there another way to do mixer balance adjustment or do I have a problem on
that board? The radio seems to perform properly otherwise.