Re: [TenTec] Wanted......

To: Brian Carling AF4K <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Wanted......
From: Clayton Brantley <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 17:00:43 -0800 (PST)
The original Omni VI performs the way you are describing.  The upgraded Omni VI
rev 2 or 3
allow you to lock either or both VFOs.  The upgrades are no longer available.
The revision 3
was a factory only upgrade due the the scope of the work involved.  I doubt
changing the ROM
chips will help you.  The revision 3 changed out the 9 mhz IF board, Logic
board and several
buttons on the keypad were changed.

I would look for a rev3 upgraded Omni VI or a VI plus to replace your radio.

73 Clayton N4EV