Re: [TenTec] Looking for photograph/sketch of assembled Ten-Tec MR-1

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Looking for photograph/sketch of assembled Ten-Tec MR-1
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 18:50:00 -0500
Dave:

I bought a Ten Tec TG-38 aluminum box to package mine in. I plan to mount the modules to the bottom of the box with threaded spacers.

The Ten Tec wiki says that the MR-1 was intended for bread board mounting, but I'd rather put it in a box of some sort. Just use your imagination. Consider a large wood file card box, wood gift box, surplus ammo box Pelican case, sportsman's dry box, etc. If you do breadboard it, as in the days of old, you will still have to mount the boards on spacers and fabricate brackets to hold the variable capacitors and switches. You will also need a vernier dial drive because the VO1 tuning capacitor does not have a reduction gear, at least mine doesn't.

If you or anyone else has the dail, can you scan it and e-mail it to me. It would save me the trouble of making my own dial scale.

Thanks and 73,

            Bob WB2VUF