Re: [TenTec] Yaesu comparison

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Yaesu comparison
From: Billy Cox <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 17:15:14 -0500 (EST)
Exactly Barry, the 1.8 is NOT going to produce
a crystal clear SSB bandpass, however what it
may allow is to copy that S2 or S3 signal
surrounded by other S9 signals and not be as
impacted as if we were to try the same with
only the 3.0 filter as to AGC desense and such.

Perfect clear copy? No. Possibly good enough? Yes.
Especially with some PBT offset or high/low cutting.

The video I agree was very limited as to any value.

73 de Billy, AA4NU