Re: [TenTec] New 703 Mic

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New 703 Mic
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 06:58:35 -0600
The switch is an integral part of the mike.

I've found the basic issue is the plastic to plastic mechanism at the pivot point squeak when moving thus while being depressed. A small dab of Vaseline applied corrects the problem. The second issue is the button smacks the side of the mike at a point in time after the PTT contact is closed. Thus the transmitter is on the air and then the physical contact with the side of the mike which is transmitted through the case to the element to the radio.

Lubricate the pivot points and shorten the throw of the PTT lever corrects the problem.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richards" <jruing@ameritech.net>