Re: [TenTec] [Ten-Tec-Omni-VII] Omni 7 receive antenna split

To: <Ten-Tec-Omni-VII@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Ten-Tec-Omni-VII] Omni 7 receive antenna split
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 13:20:49 -0600
Cecil, I have the same mod and also a FLEX-1500 in my OMNI-VII. A drop of 3 db
in signal strength (assuming approximately the same impedance load each side of
the split) in each receiver is to be expected. Given the sensitivity of both
the FLEX-1500 and OMNI-VII, I doubt a buffer amp will do much of anything
beyond providing the psychological satisfaction of raising S-meter readings one
half S unit.

For those interested in the N4PY sub-rx mod for the OMNI-VII  see:
http://tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=588secondrx  and for how I used it with
DDUTIL and CW Skimmer, see:
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DDUtilPowerSDRN1MMSkimmerCommander

73 ES DX,