Re: [TenTec] [Bulk] Re: Rohn 25G; hinged bases

To: N5BIGary Branch <gabranch@att.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Bulk] Re: Rohn 25G; hinged bases
From: bob barnes <k0wtz@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 05:39:27 -0800 (PST)
i guess my installation just doesnt work. tower set in dirt at base 1 tower
100ft with a mosely pro 67 on it another 110ft with a 2mt beam on top of it
with several dipole ant. . been up there 15 year been through 100 mile winds i
climb it anytime i wish as long as the wind calm.

the key to good tower installation is the quality of your guys and anchors.  i
get my screw anchors from the power company they are 8ft long and once in the
ground you cant get them out.

i dont think i have ever seen the power companyies put their poles in concrete
but they dont know what they are doing i guess.  now free standing towers is a
completly different story lots of concrete but guyed tower a completely diffent
story.

73

bob k0wtz

all things are possible in Christ Jesus our savior