Re: [TenTec] Hercules II & Orion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hercules II & Orion
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 01:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

The Orion is different than the Omni VI+. On the Omni, a direct wire worked.
However, on my Orion I use a TenTec model 311 band data converter between the
rig and the amp. You cannot connect them directly unless you want the Orion to
go to the hospital in Sevierville.

The bad news is that the Model 311 has been discontinued and that they are
almost impossible to find. You must either build, or find an alternate
interface to continue the remote operation

73

Dave

WA3F