[TenTec] Herc II vs Astron - the final answer

To: "Ten-tec Forum" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Herc II vs Astron - the final answer
From: "Tom Macon" <tmacon@wi.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 11:14:15 -0600
It seems that the problem was caused by the overvoltage protection circuitry in
the power supplies being triggered erroneously.  Upon Astron's recommendation,
I added a cap to the crowbar circuit on each power supply and the Herc is now
hitting on all four cylinders.  I can provide more detail to anyone interested.

 - Tom, K9BTQ

p.s.  - Y'all come to the  Wisconsin QSO Party on Sunday!