Re: [TenTec] 565 Low level audio on headphones

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 565 Low level audio on headphones
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:11:18 -0500
One thing to do is simply plug the headphones into the AUX Speaker jack on the back. Careful that you don't blow out the headphones or more importantly.......your ears! In other words, don't put the headphones on your head and then plug them in. You'll likely jerk them off, fling them across the room while reeling from severe ear pain.

There's a reason the series R's are used at the headphone jack. With lower impedance headphones the lower level can be expected. Plus it protects the ears, the headphones and the audio stage experiencing damage from shorted connectors or cables.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "John T. Fleming" <john@w3gqj.net>