Re: [TenTec] YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, WE HAVE ANSWERS!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, WE HAVE ANSWERS!
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 04:33:44 -0400
Interesting development, John.

With more than 80 hams on frequency, the net closes before everyone can get checked in. So, instead of accommodating them, you will further restrict participation by transforming the Net into a question-answer forum, as if the multiple internet forums you mention are insufficient for the task. (Are all that many TT owners having that many problems we need an on-air clinic?)

This is hardly good news for those seeking to achieve the TenTec Net Certificate. My Sunday afternoon schedule has finally cleared up, but now I won't even attempt to check in because I have no problems to solve, and have limited qualifications for helping others.

The day John Henry graced our presence, at least one operator wasted time asking questions about the new QRP gear TT offers for sale, all of which are answered on the TT web site.

But don't mind me... I am just crying in my beer because I naively thought a TT Net could allow me to briefly contact some of the fellers from this group who helped me get started in ham radio, including, without including everyone, Gary, Bob, Rick, Jim B, Stuart, Dan, and many others. Apparently, I have the wrong idea for it.

That's just MY take...  after all, it is YOUR net, and you know best.

.