Re: [TenTec] Computer Headset Secured -- Now What?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Computer Headset Secured -- Now What?
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:37:28 +0000
On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM, Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> I have nabbed a remarkably cheap computer headset that is spoken of highly
> by some on the list. It has the standard 3.5 mm stereo plugs, one for the
> head set and one for the electret microphone. Does anyone have a
> handy-dandy source for an adapter to an Orion II, or have one they've made
> and really like or will I have to make my own?

Making your own mic adapter is literally a 5 minute job for anybody who
knows how to strip and solder wire.  Get appropriate jacks from Radio Shack
for mic and, if desired, PTT.  Alternately buy an audio cable using the
jacks and cut, leaving 2 - 3 inches of cable on the jack.  Solder to mic
plug and make sure there's strain relief for wires exiting the mic plug.

Barry N1EU