[TenTec] Small Elecraft Amp

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Small Elecraft Amp
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 08:38:33 -0700
This was posted today on the Elecraft list. I saw a non-functioning mechanical demo unit at the International DX Convention in Visalia CA this past weekend.

I expect the amp to sell for about $700 and the optional tuner for about $300.

73, Jim K9YC

= = = = = = = =

KXPA100 amplifier pics from today's @elecraft twitter post can be seen at the following links:
http://t.co/uP2G3nOaxb
http://t.co/LycW6pQ0BO
http://t.co/VQEwu8EZSh

KXPA100 quick info:

- 100 W Output on all bands, 160 m to 6 m; 4 W Input for 100W Out typical
- Modern Design with MOSFET Output Stage
- Solid State diode T/R Switching — supreme fast and silent T/R and QSK
- 13.8V nominal DC Powered. No moving parts (no fan required)
- One RF input, 1 or 2 ANT outputs. (2nd ANT output with internal ATU option.)
- LED Bar-graphs for power, status and SWR (with the internal ATU option).
- KXPA100 works with any rig with just AMP KEY and RF. The internal freq counter auto band switches. - The KXPA100 Integrates Seamlessly with the KX3, but also functions with all QRP transceivers up to 10W of output. - Dedicated KX3 interface with band data communicates between the KX3 and Amp. - Pre-drive band data switching, while not required, also supports many rigs, including the Yaesu FT-817, and Icom IC-703. (Ask us for details) - Double APP power connectors both for additional friction fit in mobile apps and for optional daisy chaining of KX3 13.8V power. - The rugged KXAT100 Internal integrated ATU handles a 10:1 SWR range on most bands with Elecraft's proven high performance fast matching algorithm. - ATU settings, once tuned, are remembered per band, per band segment, and per antenna.

This is pre-release information. We are not yet offering the KPA100 for sale and we can not take orders until the final FCC certification is received. Basically we perform the amp testing at a local test lab and in our lab and submit the data to the FCC. (Harmonic cleanliness, Amplifier max gain <15 dB, Blocking of the CB band etc.) This is usually a fairly quick process based on our experience getting the FCC certification for the KPA500.

We'll have more info on the web site news page shortly. (It shows up on twitter first due to the simplicity and quickness of posting there.)

73,

Eric
elecraft.com