[TenTec] Omni V For Sale

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V For Sale
From: "Tim Sharkey" <sharkey@hughes.net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 11:39:15 -0500
Good day all. I have an extra Omni V package that I have decided to sell. I own another Omni V and a VI with the Option 1 upgrade along with several other HF rigs. I need to clear some space on my desk. I also have a Ten-Tec 963 Switching Power Supply and a Ten-Tec 706 Desk Mic. The radio has the stock 2.4 SSB filter and ALSO has the Model 216 500 Hz RTTY filter install in the 9 Meg IF board. I bought the radio used from a SK's family. Looking at the notes the owner had included with the original manual (which looks new by the way) I think the N4PY V.9 chip may have been installed. Along with the notes, I find that the lights next to the mode button are off by one position (When you push LSB the light next to the USB button comes on, etc.) The documentation appears to indicate the owner was looking at installing the chip himself and I am thinking he may have plugged the lights back into the wrong positions when he reassembled the front panel. I can't think of any other reason the lights would be out of sync with the buttons. The internal speaker does not work but I use Pioneer bookshelf speakers on all my rigs. That wonderful Omni V audio sounds better to me with the external speaker. The radio and power supply are VERY nice cosmetically and work fine. The VFO is off frequency by just a tad to me. The mic cord outer insulation has cracked some and I have covered those areas with electrical tape.You will also need a new windscreen which I have seen at hamfest for about $2. I do not have the original boxes but have those the equipment was shipped in to me and they did a great job of protecting the equipment. For the Omni V, 963 switching power supply, the 706 mic and original owners manual, I am asking $650.00 plus shipping. Paypal is fine as long as there are no fees incurred to me. I might negotiate a bit on the price with someone who will give the radio a good home and get some enjoyment from it. I will only sell the complete package, not individual Items. Please contact me directly by email at sharkey@hughes.net. Sorry for the long dissertation but I want to make sure a potential purchaser has all the facts. Many thanks and best 73, Tim W5LSP