Re: [TenTec] dial lights for OMNI D and Model 544 Triton

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] dial lights for OMNI D and Model 544 Triton
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 06:49:11 -0400
When I needed to replace the 6v, 50ma dial lamps in my Triton I a while
back, I found they were made from unobtanium or very expensive, even through
Ten Tec. However, as memory serves, they are wired in series across the 12v
bus and small 12v lamps with leads could be easily wired in parallel to fit
the same slots in the bezel, so that is what I did. I looked at using 12v
LEDs, but these bulbs are positioned to light the dial positioned
vertically, and an LED puts all it light out toward the top, so they just
wouldn't work. 2-packs of 12v lamps are around $2 at Radio Shack.

=Vic=
WA4THR