Re: [TenTec] N1MM Help

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] N1MM Help
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:30:57 -0700
On 6/24/2013 5:25 PM, jack wrote:
winkey is lovely at times but totally unnecessary with the setup of N1MM and the Orion.

I've used CW via the serial port a lot, but it can get "choppy" if the computer has too much other stuff (or "certain" other stuff) running in the background. That's the problem that WinKey solves reliably. It has nothing to do with the radio, it's a computer setup issue.

I've had a similar problem with a computer that I use to run a Vector Network Analzyer, so I've chased down some of those problematic things. Two I recall are Skype and Windoze Messenger.

73, Jim K9YC