Re: [TenTec] equipment storage?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] equipment storage?
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 00:02:13 -0400

On 7/23/2013 6:02 PM, Stuart Rohre wrote:

Depends on your climate.   I would not store anything in an uninsulated
garage, (or attic) in the South and Southwest, nor in the North in
Winter.

        Right...

        Nor in summer... the humidity in Michigan
        can be terribly hard on metal stuff.

        I would store in the upper shelf of an indoor
        closet, myself.

You might do better putting rigs into styrofoam picnic (beer)
coolers for insulation and padding.

        Some manufacturers will make you a proper
        storage and shipping box from one of their
        examples, and sell you the empty box - for
        example, TT uses that foam that molds to the
        exact unique shape of each rig, and maybe
        they can make a shipping box for one of their
        demo rigs (they have nearly one of every rig
        they ever made in a display room at TT HQ)
        and you could buy a proper shipping box that
        way.

Please do not construe any of this as contradicting what
Stuart said.