[TenTec] 1208 Transverter will not transmit

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1208 Transverter will not transmit
From: AL7CR <al7cr@punakea.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 17:05:05 -0700
I am attempting to build a 1208 kit I recently purchased. The RX section works very well. The preliminary tests in section 6 are all perfect also until step 6-21 at which I get absolutely no RF output.

I have made the VE7TK mod which addresses a mistake on the board which can cause this problem. Unfortunately this did not fix my difficulty. I have double checked all soldering, parts placement, and connections. I am using an LP100A to measure the output into a tuned 6m antenna.

I was hoping someone might remember a similar problem with their project and have some advice. If not ... I will complete the kit as a RX converter.

Thanks for any thoughts that may be of assistance.

AL7CR