[TenTec] CW-N versus CW-R

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CW-N versus CW-R
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:21:50 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to those who helped me align my OMNI VI+ BFO trimmers and TCXO. Without
a frequency counter I would have been SUNK even though I have been able to
perform the operation on other rigs with just an external receiver.

While testing I noticed that OMNI VI+ is hearing the same CW signal at the same
frequency and tone as the FT2000 does when setup for CW receive on lower
sideband.

Anyone know in general what "most" transceivers consider as the "Normal"
sideband to receive on CW?

OMNI VI+ is fixed.

When calling a station back from his CQ, assuming you always tune for a 700hz
received note, it seems that you would be coming back to the sender on a
slightly different frequency if receiving him on CW-LSB as compared to CW-USB.

Understand the transmitter always sends both sidebands. ;-)

Any ideas?