Re: [TenTec] PTO lube shelf life...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PTO lube shelf life...
From: "Roger C. Rose" <rcrose@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 09:27:43 -0500
I'm looking at a PTO cleaning and we had a discussion on greases a few weeks ago. I was going to go with white lithium and someone said that it dries out. A couple of folks recommended teflon-based greases and one called Super Lube which he got at Home Depot.

http://www.super-lube.com/synthetic-multipurpose-grease-ezp-49.html
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=super%20lube%20grease&sprefix=super+lube%2Caps%2C352

I used to maintain computers for our local police department and discussed cleaning and lubing firearms with my customers. There are as many different ways and products used as there are cops. I think this may be the same deal...

73, Roger W5LXS

d.e.warnick@comcast.net wrote:
White lithium lasts a long, long time. Dave WA3F