Re: [TenTec] Rebel

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Rebel
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 13:59:50 -0400
Right... but this is for old farts, too!    ;-)

The guys I had lunch with and discussed all sorts of Arduino based gear this week are both over 65! Each of us had something to present to the others - I talked about the TT rig and a new antenna analyzer I have, and the other guys each had an Arduino project they were working on. Chuck is installing remote controls into our 17-site linked repeater system, and Mike is building an automatic compass he plans to use to beat me at fox hunting (which will, of course, fail...)

So... I think the cool part is that, not only kids, but lots of retired programmer type OLD GUYS might take this up.

Some old guys are constantly crying about younger hams don't go under the hood to fix their own rigs ... well... Heck... once again guys CAN once again go under the hood and build or repair their own rigs, and they will be computer based, not older analog sets, as in the old days. It is coming full circle, I guess. After all, today's larger rigs computer based, why not QRP rigs, also?

Parenthetically, all this does nothing for me. But ham radio is big enough for the both of us!

Great fun.