Re: [TenTec] lithium ion batteries or ups?

To: "Jim Hicks" <n7ino@yahoo.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] lithium ion batteries or ups?
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 19:50:00 -0500
I used 4 of the deep cycle retired UPS 12V @ 150 Ah in series for my UPS system. These replaced the 4 original 7 Ah batteries, external of course.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Hicks" <n7ino@yahoo.com>
To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:18 PM

I use 6 deep cycle batts charged from solar or can use wall charger. I feed a inverter to power supply so the shack always has 13.8 volts. Deep cycle batts hold up well and about $ 85.00. My ups for computer has been changed over to out board deep cycle batt. and will keep me up and running for about 8 hours. Run time is great and I think its the only way to go. 73

Jim and the Girls