[TenTec] Orion II 566V3.033xd released

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II 566V3.033xd released
From: John Henry <jhenry@tentec.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 15:46:25 -0400
I just posted 566V3.033xd firmware update for the Orion II Model 566.
Changes include:

Version 3.033xd July 9, 2013
Modified pseudo AGC attack so that it is more resistant to loading upon
impulse noise

You can find it at the downloads section of our website.
Go to
http://www.tentec.com/
Cursor over "Downloads" (towards the right)
When you see the selection list pop up, left mouse click on "Transceiver
Downloads"
Scroll down until you see the 566 section.
The update installer is on the right column of the screen, and the revision
history is towards the top of the 566 section in the middle column on the
screen.

This change will help maintain constant receiver level through impulse
noise. It helps the Noise Reduction algorithm behave better as well since
it now receives audio without the "loading agc" effect it previously had.

Care should be taken to not engage DSP functions that aren't necessary
though. e.g. if you really don't have any impulse noise or electrical fence
noise, then don't engage the NB, either DSP NB or HW NB. etc.

Thanks, and 73,
John Henry, KI4JPL
TEN-TEC Engineering