Re: [TenTec] My Orion II is corn-fused

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My Orion II is corn-fused
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 23:02:54 -0400
        Arghhhh...    DOH !   DOH !   DOH !     :-(

        MARK... REACTING TO YOUR POST, I DECIDED
        TO RE-READ THE FORMAL WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS . . .

I just realized... DUH!... there are TWO buttons that trigger a Master Reset. I was pressing the "MAIN RX" button... and not the "MAIN TX/RX" button. I was pressing the button Paul Clinton told me to use ... i.e., the "MAIN RX" button, which DOES trigger a Master Reset, but the not full one that occurs when I use the MAIN TX/RX button. Odd there are multiple ways to do a Master Reset, and that they do not behave the same.

Who would have figured there are 2 buttons so closely named that trigger a Master Reset? But, ultimately, it is my mistake. Rather embarrassing, actually.

But thanks for asking me about it ... as it caused me to revisit the actual written instructions ... again... so I could realize the mistake.

So...  I guess I will slink off now, and . . .
        ENJOY THE RIG !!!

     ;-)