Re: [TenTec] Preselector

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Preselector
From: "Edward A. Feustel" <efeustel@hughes.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 05:29:05 -0400
Rick,

How many tuned circuits are in your home built preselector? At one point I had an RME DB-22a preselector which had 3 tuned circuits with two active stages: http://www.ohio.edu/people/postr/bapix/db_22a.html. It really helped with a Hallicrafters SX-71 and an SX-28a, but would be overlarge for a modern rig! If I recall you get about 6 db attenuation per octave with each tuned circuit (element?).
Now most rigs seem to use octave bandpass filters instead.

73,
Ed, N5EI