Re: [TenTec] 1,327 REASONS* WHY I LOVE MY EAGLE:

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 1,327 REASONS* WHY I LOVE MY EAGLE:
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 08:02:11 -0600 (CST)
OK OK 'nuff said.    I did comment to James via private e-mail regarding
the mis-statements in the earlier post.

(a) The Eagle does have a general coverage receiver.
(b) The Eagle does cover all the HF ham bands, 160M - 6M.

For all, do upgrade to the latest version firmware.  You will find the
AGC does not load up on impulse noise.  And this makes the NR function
more efficient.

And the Eagle does not have the power overshoot found on other non-Tentec
radios.

73
Bob, K4TAX

> Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
>> Good morning James.
>>
>> Just wondering what you have been smoking?

>       Sheesh... I sure got my models mixed up as Bob K4TAX
>       already pointed out.   I cannot imagine how I got it all mixed up !!
>

> Nevertheless....  OBJECTION, Your Ornery-ness !!   Your evidence
> is merely cumulative.
>
>       Translation:   No fair piling on!   Bob already knocked me for it,
>       so your comments merely rub in the fact I screwed it up.
>
>       Besides... I took my Mulligan... and in a "gentleman's" game, you get
>       one Mulligan, which is a free, fresh penalty-free drop (i.e., "do-over")
>       after you shank one into the weeds, and it is considered in poor taste
>       to make sport or mock the player for making such a bad shot if he
>       uses his Mulligan . . .      ;-)
>
>       ER...  I will sheepishly crawl back under my rock now...    ;-)
>

> I hope everyone had a safe and pleasant Thanksgiving Holiday !

Disclosure:
I am a Tentec Ambassador and compensated according to the Tentec
Ambassador plan. I serve as a volunteer beta test person for the Omni
VII, Eagle and Argonaut VI products.   Otherwise, I hold no business or
employment interest with Tentec.