[TenTec] Eagle headphones tip

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Eagle headphones tip
From: "Roy" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:11:01 -0600
New Eagle with high-sensitivity cans like my Sony's has some 'residual noise' in the background, while none is present in a speaker. I plug an external speaker into the rear jack through a switching box so I can select speaker or headphones with a flip of a toggle switch. The Sony cans require an audio PAD in that bud box in order to match the apparent volume levels between speaker and 'phones. When apparent volumes are the same to the ear, then there is NO background sounds in the headphones. I mention this because of an earlier thread. Oh, the 300 Hz roofing filter is spectacular.

Roy K6XK