[TenTec] FS: Omni VII SSB Rx Replacement Filter by INRAD/Rockwell Collin

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] FS: Omni VII SSB Rx Replacement Filter by INRAD/Rockwell Collins
From: dhhdeh@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 17:14:30 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All,

Prior to the recent sale of my Omni VII, I had purchased and installed from
INRAD a Rockwell Collins drop-in filter replacement for the 2.5 KHz TT stock
SSB Rx filter. It is sold as their #726 filter (unspecified radio; bare
filter-no board). It measures 2.9 KHz bandwidth at -6 dB (measured by Rockwell
Collins at -3 dB; INRAD measures bandwidth at -6 dB).

It provides a more pleasant SSB receive audio than the stock Rockwell Collins
filter used by Ten Tec in the Omni VII without sacrificing receive selectivity.
I really enjoyed its performance.

No firmware issues are created as the Omni VII thinks it is seeing a 2.5 KHz
stock filter when that bandwidth is dialed in on the front panel bandwidth
control. The new filter sits in the space occupied by the stock TT filter and
is a snap to install or remove. It plugs in with no soldering.

I replaced it with the stock Omni VII filter at the time of the rig’s sale and
now would like to offer this filter to anyone who is interested in improving
their Omni VII SSB receive audio. I paid $140 for it new.

Asking $105 shipped in the USA via USPS Priority Mail.

Please e-mail with interest or questions 73 de N1LQ-Dave