Re: [TenTec] Need a 425 Titan Guru

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need a 425 Titan Guru
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 09:30:50 -0800
On 1/1/2014 8:11 AM, Harry Coates wrote:
Before I put this all back together, R6 does not do the job properly.. What type of fuse
could be used to replace R6?? It is a 1 ohm 1/2 watt resistor used as a
“sloooow” blow fuse, and there is a space constraint on the circuit board..
About 3/4 of an inch.. Any ideas would help..

I don't have an answer to your question, but there are pdf schematics of the Titan 425 on my website that can help with troubleshooting. http://k9yc.com/publish.htm I spent a lot of time drawing them from the multi-page schematics in the 425 manual to make it easier to troubleshoot problems I'd had with mine. I've had exactly the problem you have, with a trace on the power supply board frying. I jumpered around it.

73, Jim K9YC