[TenTec] Which one to sell?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Which one to sell?
From: John Rippey <w3uls73@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 18:36:13 -0500
I have two OMNI VIs, one an Option 3 the other a Plus.

The older one has a bunch of options and features (TCXO, voice
synthesizer, etc.),while the Plus is bare bones. I have a matching 961
power supply, which will go with either one. The only cosmetic
difference is that the Plus's displays are slightly brighter and
crisper.

I know Ten-Tec was constantly changing parts as the production of the
radios continued, but is there any reason to believe that the Option
3, which was one of the early OMNI VIs, might be better built or
whatever? In other words, is there a reason to hang on to it as
opposed to selling it and keeping the Plus?

Thoughts/opinions welcome.

73,

John, W3ULS