Re: [TenTec] Corsair II UV EPROM failure

To: "Clayton Brantley" <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II UV EPROM failure
From: "A R" <raf_3@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 18:12:59 -0700
Oh, man! Clayton, you're my hero. The prom is a 28-pin, and is UV programmable,
rather that EE programmable. I believe the programming of my prom is good. It's
just an input gate that's stuck low. If that's not a problem for downloading
(if input gate states are not needed), then my prom should be good for
acquiring the program.

I can't imagine that TT would have a problem, given that they may not even have
the capability, and cannot supply the programmed prom. But I can check with
them on Monday. Do you have the hi-intensity UV lamp, or is your fixture for EE
proms?

Thanks! es 73,
Allen-----W7GIF