[TenTec] Equipment for DXPedtions

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Equipment for DXPedtions
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 23:45:00 -0800
On 2/27/2014 11:23 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
Elecraft will loan
equipment to the group and afterwards offer the used radios for a very
attractive price.  Generally the radios are all purchased by members of the
DX-pedition.

Elecraft is also a pretty small company -- Eric, WA6HHQ and Wayne, N6KR are the owners, and because they are neighbors, I know that while Eric can squeeze a nickel hard enough to turn it into liquid, he's also a very smart marketer.

BTW -- ACOM has done this for a bunch of DX trips, and I know guys who were on those trips who bought those amps.

Sending out your gear with good operators to places with extreme conditions has another major benefit -- you find out where the problems are. That's another reason why Wayne and Eric ready their email reflector every day, and it has made their products a lot better.

73, Jim K9YC