Re: [TenTec] Noise from Fans

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Noise from Fans
From: "Franklin Tucker" <frantuck@nac.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 08:52:09 -0500
Shouldn't that be an on-off-on switch?

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of K8JHR
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 3:19 AM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment

I made a fan built into my shelf system to help the amp vent hot air.
I used an Off-On-Off switch with a single resistor to accomplish that
feat.   This gives me high and low speed with just a flick of the switch.

Why is a diode better than a resistor?  OR is it just another way to skin
the same cat?

I will have to send you some photos off list, as it turned out nicely.
I did this even though I think I cut enough air holes in the shelf to
accommodate the hot air, but figured this would be better in any case -
cannot be too safe, ya know.