[TenTec] Don't feel bad. Collings Foundation just sent their April Fools

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Don't feel bad. Collings Foundation just sent their April Fools out today.
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 14:57:15 -0400
It's interesting that some hams thought the CW posting was real, considering the hokey names mentioned. :-) I think we have been outdone by the below posting by Collings Foundation. But.... you know there will be some UFO
buffs who will jump for joy over it.  :-[
Perry

Granted by a Federal Appropriations Bill:
Collings Foundation receives the worldâ??s only interstellar spacecraft.

Collings Foundation decides to drop the Wings of Freedom Tour for a totally new flight experience.

We are amazed and proud to announce that the Collings Foundation has received a fully restored ? and now flying ? spacecraft from the Air Force as part of the Federal Appropriations
[]
bill #232Z-22XZ (see picture on the right - Test flight in New England).
At an undisclosed location last week, Senator XX.XXXXXX and Congressman XXX.XXXXXX made a joint statement regarding the transfer of this top-secret spacecraft from federal storage to the Collings Foundation:

â??The United States government has kept this possession a secret long enough. We feel now is the right time to expose this technological treasure. With the expertise long exhibited in the restoration and operation of many aircraft, the Collings Foundation is best suited to receive this extremely rare marvel. This interstellar spacecraft was originally gifted to the planet Earth by the Plularians who live on the planet â??Plxxshipernogenâ?? (Plularian translation) near the Ursa Major Nebula M98 4192. In Collings possession, we know that this spacecraft will be well maintained and accessible to the general public. This craft will be flying around the world in honor of the Plularians and all who have sacrificed their lives in the long journey from Plzzshipernogen to the planet Earth."

[]
At a brief ceremony (undisclosed location) Bob Collings met with the Plularian Ambassador 'Frank' to receive the craft and best wishes from the planet Plzzshipernogen (see picture on the left). The spacecraft was transported to the Collings Foundationâ??s headquarters by a heavy transport helicopter on April 1st. The spacecraft had not flown since it was received 82 years ago. With the sudden absence of Ambassador Shhnnuurp we were in a quandary on how to â??turn onâ?? let alone fly this amazing craft (see early video of spacecraft in flight below).

In a strange turn of events, we recently found out how to successfully operate and fly this spacecraft: The Director of Marketingâ??s 14 year old son Colton Chaney was at the CF facility over the weekend. While work on the spacecraft was being done, Colton was biding his time by playing Play Station. As soon as he started to play Mario Kart the spacecraft immediately powered up and began to bump into the walls (see DS unit on left). Amazingly, we have found that the aircraft can be turned on and operated via the PS wireless two-player game mode. Even stranger, this can only be done when the Mario Kart game is activated! Since Colton is very well versed in video game-play, it was a natural move to make him our first test pilot.

Once the Foundation receives the FAA flight exemption for interstellar flight experiences and pilot training has been accomplished we will be offering a variety of flight experience packages. The FAA is extremely excited about this new program and said they will immediately lift the LHFE moratorium and expedite the exemption petition. We expect to receive notification of approval from the FAA sometime in 2045. Flight experience programs will include:

â??The Wrap Aroundâ?? (To the moon and back - Ten minute flight) $68,500.68 tax-deductible donation.

â??The Touch and Goâ?? (Flight to Mars, land on the north pole and back) $220,000 tax-deductible donation.

â??MVEMJSUNâ?? (One loop around Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune ? all in one trip) $320,560,000.17 tax-deductible donation.