[TenTec] (no subject)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: John Henry <jhenry@tentec.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 15:25:25 -0400
Hi Steve,

That is one item I will not talk about until the day we either ship it or
can it.
Given this items track record.
All I can officially say is.... We have not dropped it from development yet.
But, for clarification, the design is for the 588 internally, to add a
continuous sweep that it currently does not provide. It would be in place
of the slow "snap shot" sweep that kills the receiver during that time. At
time of first production, it followed the Jupiter sweep, which was greatly
liked by most hams, but, technology changes, competitors add features, so,
they now expect the 588 to have it. Since it is still in production (and
yes, plan to for many years, best laid plans though)

It isn't dead yet.
Personally, I don't think it will be killed, because we do realize it is an
integral part of future rigs, regardless of the fact that it will just be a
sweep (maybe also with waterfall, that part isn't ironed out in the 588
firmware yet) and not a fully featured sweep that is provided on a PC
today. It is still useful. Especially for single receiver type rigs like
the OMNI-VII.

And to answer Rick DJ0IP on "modular/optional", yes, as with TEN-TEC rigs
of the past, we follow that into future rigs that will have a LOT of
options, so that someone can start with a single transceiver x, then add a
tuner, or a second receiver, external fan, optional filters, bluetooth,
high speed sweeps, spigots for I&Q, transverter outputs, etc., etc.  all
optional and hopefully customer upgrade-able.

Thanks, and 73,
John Henry, KI4JPL
TEN-TEC Engineering

John Henry,

All the discussion on these great features and more this past week,
resurected one particular feature that I’ve lost touch with from Ten
Tec - the external high definition pan adapter video display that as I
understood was being developed and protos built at one time, not all
that long ago.  I realize the same came be accomplished with several
adjunct boxes today, but was wondering if this piece of optional
equipment is gone forever from Ten Tec?

Thanks,
Steve - W5JK