Re: [TenTec] Wide roofing filter for the RX-366?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Wide roofing filter for the RX-366?
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 20:16:00 -0500
While filters are expensive, they can be swapped out without a lot of trouble. That said, I chose a wide filter of 6 kHz, then the 2.4 kHz standard filter and finally a 500 Hz filter for the narrowest. In my environment, I won't have to deal with any strong (next door) signals in a 500 Hz passband. Whenever I take the rig to, say, FD, only the main rx is much used and it has the 300 Hz roofing filter, 600 Hz, 1.0 kHz, 1.8 kHz, 2.4 kHz, 6 kHz and 20 kHz filters.

I can't see the point in having a 2.7 kHz, 2.4 kHz, and 500/600 Hz filters because there's not enough difference in the 2.7 kHz and 2.4. Perhaps a the standard 2.4 kHz, 1 kHz and 500/600 Hz filter would be best if you have no interest in AM.

Kim N5OP