Re: [TenTec] (ham station computer choice)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (ham station computer choice)
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 12:21:37 -0500 (CDT)
Not at all.

Dell Financial Services.  That's the leasing/financing arm of Dell.

When you review the available machines, you'll see the Dell logo in the
graphic.

I mention this specifically because there are a lot of places selling allegedly
refurbished computers, and allegedly refurbished Dell machines.  Many of these
are legitimate resellers.  Some... well, you know.  Dealing with DFS, though,
means that you're dealing with Dell.

Oh, one caution.  DFS does NOT supply Dell media with the machines.  So as soon
as you get one of the machines unpacked & set up, make a backup!  (Unless you
have another source for the media, of course)

Also I should add that if it's important (and it is to some people), the
Optiplex 760 (and the 755's, also available from the same source) do NOT come
with keyboard/mouse ports.  You'll need a USB keyboard & mouse... which,
conveniently enough, comes with the machine.  AND, the machines come with a
serial & parallel port, for backward compatibility.

Good luck!

73