Re: [TenTec] Eagle problem?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, "k9yc@arrl.net" <k9yc@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle problem?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 08:28:16 -0700
On 5/19/2014 12:15 PM, Clayton Brantley wrote:
You do NOT daisy chain the grounds. The NASA engineer is correct. There is ONE ground that the equipment is tied to and NOT to other grounds. For a picture, look at some of the Bell Systems drawings about proper grounding. All grounds in the building go to the SINGLE point ground and
not crossed as Jim wrote.

How many times do I have to make the point (which I did in an earlier post) that OUR STATIONS ARE DIFFERENT -- OUR SYSTEMS ARE NOT RACK MOUNTED, THEY HAVE UNBALANCED AUDIO AND DATA CONNECTIONS BETWEEN BOXES, AND ARE PHYSICALLY CLOSE. Caps added for emphasis. One size does NOT fit all.

73, Jim K9YC