Re: [TenTec] The Next Flagship

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Next Flagship
From: Mike Schatzberg <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 13:02:00 -0400
The choice was similarly made here.

The tool kit on the 590 works well, and the ergonomics are superior. While the
receiver is not quite as quiet as the O2, it's DSP is remarkable and does not
distort audio.

With a large antenna it works well with freedom from intermod and overload.

This little radio has a good equalizer and sounds excellent on receive and is
not fatiguing during contesting.

The stock transmit audio equalizer choices work well, or you can build your own
while under their CAT system.

You can connect to the rig via serial or USB ports.

The memories for CW and Phone contesting work well, and the rig will record
right off the air as well.

This radio is truly portable at 16 pounds.

While I still prefer the O2 and all of its great features, the 590S is a great
blueprint to design from.

Add some modular capability, outboard band scope, a second receiver, and you
have a fabulous station. The entry level of $1500 would be competitive for this
down converter.

73,

Mike
W2AJI