Re: [TenTec] OT: Chinese Amplifiers

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Chinese Amplifiers
From: Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 10:02:35 -0400
Note: Most Chinese radios have a 'language switch' hidden in their
firmware. I had the same problem, but an internet search revealed
the memory location. Granted, it's difficult if you don't understand
Chinese. On the other hand it's probably there. Mine was in Chinese,
but there were multiple languages available. You just have to find
where to look.

73 de Phil - N8PS

I have heard that too, but don't know that to be the case.
That would explain its filthy transmitter!

It is quite possible that the Chinese radios my buddy got ahold of actually
came from the same assembly line as the originals.
Only problem is, all the menus are in Chinese, making the $96 radios pretty
useless.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)