Re: [TenTec] Corsair II Service Manual

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II Service Manual
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 20:40:07 -0500
To my knowledge there is no such thing as a "service manual". Just the user manual with a general descriptions of circuits, schematics and a couple of pictorials that identify some of the boards. With the Corsair II presently on my bench, the schematics and component call-outs don't match the schematics in many places. This leaves one to actually figure out what is taking place in some of the circuits. And then how best to align some of the circuits. A real hunt for a needle in a haystack.

Comment: Be sure the person doing the "tweaking" has the necessary test equipment and that it is in known good calibration. Personally, I prefer to measure a radios performance and determine what or if it needs to be aligned.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Haney Howell" <haney.howell@gmail.com>