[TenTec] FW: Orion 565 Main Receiver

To: TenTec reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FW: Orion 565 Main Receiver
From: art N4UC <n4uc@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 09:32:41 -0500
Problem resolved! As time went on, the problem grew in scope to include all
bands. So I put the radio on the workbench for several weeks while I tinkered
with it and thought about it some more. I was all prepared to carry it to TT
for service. But in playing with it one more time, I happened to bump the
BW/PBT encoder and the receiver came alive and sounded beautiful. No more
frequency offset between main and sub rcvrs, no more raspy audio, etc.. I
thought  I had exercised all the controls multiple times over the course of
this fiasco, but maybe ignored the BW/PBT encoder thinking surely it wouldn't...

Anyway, the problem is resolved for now and the radio has resumed it's place on
the table. It worked flawlessly throughout the AL qso party so I'm closing the
book on this issue. It's amazing how many issues were created by a hiccup in
this one encoder. If it re-occurs, I'll probably replace the encoder, maybe all
the encoders, but for now we're happy, happy, happy!

Now if TT were to order a new run of LCD displays before this one is completely
gone, I'd feel like I had a new radio!

73, Art
N4UC