Re: [TenTec] OT: CQ Friedrichshafen Hamfest

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: CQ Friedrichshafen Hamfest
From: Carter <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 21:07:58 -0400
On 6/25/2014 2:54 PM, Reed Krenn wrote:
Carter,

> This is really old school, but try this:
>
> In Thunderbird, click on the 'Write' tab. Manually type in Rick's
> email address Rick@dj0ip.de in the 'To:' field. (DO NOT COPY and
> PASTE!) Type a subject in the 'Subject:' field. Add your text in the
> body of the message.
>
> Hit 'Send'.
>
> Regards,
>
> Reed / WW3A

Reed,

Thanks for the thought ("Manually type in Rick's email address Rick@dj0ip.de") , BUT...

...there is one minor flaw with your suggestion:

Until I received your message above and one other message from Allen, W7GIF actually giving Rick's direct email address, I DID *NOT* KNOW WHAT HIS DIRECT ADDRESS WAS!!! Not a clue. It appeared *nowhere* in my Thunderbird. I had *nothing* to "manually type in". That was the whole point of my post. Sorry I did not make that more clear and sorry you missed the entire point. But thanks for giving me his direct address (and also to W7GIF) for giving me something I now can manually type in.

73,
Carter   K8VT