Re: [TenTec] Promo Pricing Radios & ATU's

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Promo Pricing Radios & ATU's
From: geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 20:20:27 +0300
On 7/9/2014 8:07 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
For you folks that are thinking about buying one of the Specai Promotion
Radios, either the Eagle or the Omni VII, and flipping the ATU,   be advised
that the ATU for one model will not work with the other model.

Ask on this list, ask on a Drake list, ask on a Collins list. The accessories, such as the ATU's in 20 years will be worth more than the rest of the radio.

I just pulled a rare noise blanker from a receiver because it does not work, otherwise it is 100% intact, I probably can swap it for a minimal version of the radio it came out of. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ
Jerusalem Israel.