Re: [TenTec] THANK YOU AND APOLOGY

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] THANK YOU AND APOLOGY
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 14:54:28 -0400
Nice post, JB.

As Rick mentioned, I read the ANTENNA BOOK cover to cover, and I read the ARRL Handbook on Radio Communications cover to cover, doing that with the The ARRL Handbook a slice a day. It is slow going.

Unfortunately, the HANDBOOKs are woefully inadequate on any of this.

Section 13.3 dashes through modulation, and only briefly mentions the graphs we see in product reviews, without really telling me what it is all about, and Section 13.6 has JUST TWO PAGES regarding transmitter testing, and says little more than a quick reference to anything beyond IMD testing.

I wonder if the ARRL book:  Basic Radio  would be a better source?

I suspect the ARRL Book: Transceiver Performance Testing will not work, either, cause Rick says they don't test for what we are talking about here.

It ain't easy for a rookie to catch up.

Happy days.