[TenTec] Old timers...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Old timers...
From: John <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 18:58:50 -0400
Thanks, John,
I first met Al Kahn county hunting.  CW, if you can believe that. He was
using a Collins rig at the time and a Codax solid state one piece keyer,
an "8" then.  With that experience I believe he was thinking "Why can't the
whole setup be
solid state and have breakin?" and thus Ten Tec  after he moved Electrovoice to
TN.

Garland Jenkins - amazing, I think he was a genius on the older rigs.
Sent him an old Argosy to work on, and he went through it, lined up
the filters I wanted, and sent it back with full-page hand-written
note about it, it's condition, and what he had done.

A few weeks ago before the big sale, left my Herc II for repair, and it
was back in a week, good as new. I checked off service as one of the
great things about Ten Tec.

John, K4AVX