Re: [TenTec] A real post and question

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] A real post and question
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:25:19 +0200
Vic, that will indeed take care of the interfacing, but if QSK CW is to be
used and you are driving it with an Eagle, the amp's T/R relay is going to
attempt to follow the keying, which it can't.  Therefore you need to add a
post-dit delay (hang) to the keying.  It should be a couple hundred ms.
Otherwise the racket will scare the dickens out of you.

Sometimes I forget the throw the switch on my model 913 to turn on the delay
and the moment I key CW, the amp starts dancing on the table!  ;-)

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)